3 potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 big fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves bunch (use only leaves, wash thoroughly and chop it roughly)
4-5 finely chopped green chilies (adjust as per taste)
2 tsp coriander/dhania powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
4 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
White sesame seeds (2 tbsp for garnish, optional)
How I Prepare
1. Heat oil in a pan, add hing, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Allow mustard seeds to crackle. Add green chilies and potatoes and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
2. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook covered for 5 minutes on a medium flame. The potatoes should be 3/4 cooked by now.
3. Add fenugreek leaves and mix everything nicely and allow to cook for 5 more minutes on low flame.
4. Add sesame seeds and serve hot with roti's.
1. If you don't like the bitter taste of methi leaves, then soak it in salt water for 10-15 minutes and then squeeze the water out and use the leaves.
3. Also increase or decrease the quantity of methi leaves as per your taste