2 potatoes boiled and cut into big chunks
2-3 bunch of spinach ( I use big packet of baby spinach) roughly chopped
4-5 big cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 teaspoon of red chilli powder
11/2 teaspoon of dhaniya powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
Pinch of hing (asafoetida)
2 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Little water (1-2 spoons)
How I Prepare
1. Take a pan heat up the oil. Add hing, mustard seeds, jeera saute for few seconds then add finely chopped garlic and saute for few more seconds.
2. Lower the flame, add all powders and little water and mix it well. Don't allow the masala to burn. Add more water if required and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add spinach and saute for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add potatoes and mix everything together nicely and allow the curry to cook for 10 minutes with lid closed.
5. Server it hot with Roti or Rice
1. You can add green chilli, if you want more spicy. Rajasthani curries are generally red in color.
2. Don't reduce the garlic quantity, garlic gives a unique flavor to the dish.