1. 2 cups grated carrot. ( I grate using food processor and it's super quick)
2. 2 cups milk
3. 1/2 cup condensed milk
4. Few saffron/kesar strands soaked in little water
5. 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
6. 2-3 teaspoon of nuts (Badam, cashew and raisin). I was out of raisin so I skipped it.
7. 4-5 teaspoon of ghee (increase/decrease it as per your taste)
How I Prepare
1. Add ghee in a pan. Once hot add grated carrot and sauté it for 10-15 minutes until you get nice aroma of carrots and moisture of the carrot is reduced.
2. Heat up the milk in microwave for a minute and then add it to the above mix. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes then add condensed milk and cardamom powder.
3. Let everything boil together for 10-15 minutes or until all milk is evaporated. Keep stirring in between. Most importantly cook it on medium flame.
4. Add kesar and nuts and mix it nicely. It's ready to Serve hot. Once cool refrigerate it. It stays good for 4-5 days.
The condensed milk is sweet enough, so I don't add any additional sugar. If you think the sweetness is less add sugar as per your taste.