1. 2 cups thick yogurt, whisked till smooth
2. 3-4 mint leaves chopped fine
3. 1 large cucumber grated
4. 3/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
5. 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder (Or subsitute with 1 green chilli)
6. 1/4 teaspoon of mustard seeds (crushed nicely)
7. Few fresh corainder leaves chooped fine
8. Salt to taste
How I Prepare
1. Take a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
2. Chill and serve it as side dish.
1. I crush the mustard seeds in a tissue paper/news paper. Place the seeds in the middle of the paper, fold it and run the rolling pin multiple times until all seeds are crushed.
2. Adding mustard seeds gives a complete different flavor. In Rajasthan cuisine no raita is made without mustard seeds.