1 cup basmati rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 teaspoon ginger/garlic paste
1 bay leaf
4-5 whole peppercorns
1/4 inch cinnamon stick
2-3 tbsp Oil (you can use 1/2 oil and 1/2 ghee, or only ghee)
1 1/2 cup water
Handful of peas (frozen or fresh)
Salt to Taste
How I Prepare1. In a pressure cooker, add oil or ghee(if u are using ghee). Once hot add bay leaf, clove,
cardamon, cinnamon stick, pepper, jeera and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add ginger/garlic paste
saute for few seconds.
2. Add peas, soaked rice and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add water, salt and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
4. Serve hot with side dish
Note1. Basmati rice needs less water then regular rice.
2. You can skip ginger/garlic paste if you didn't like garlic flavor in rice.
3. If u like the rice to be bit spicy add 1-2 cut green chilies.
4. If you are serving this to the guest add few cashew nuts for additional flavor.