2 cup soaked or sprouted Horsegram
1 medium sized onion
Few curry leaves
1-2 whole red chilli break into half
3-4 green chillies finely chopped (increase it if u want more spicy)
1 teaspoon urad dal
2 teaspoon grated coconut ( I use frozen)
3-4 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 Asafoetida (Hing)
Salt to taste
1/4 cup water
How I Prepare
1. Pressure cook horsegram with little water and salt. I took 2 whistles. The bean should not be too hard or too mush.
2. Take a pan heat up the oil. Add hing, mustard seeds. Let the seeds splutter. Add urad dal, curry leaves, green chilies and whole red chilli.
3. Saute until the urad dal is golden brown in color. Add onions, saute them until translucent.
4. Lower the flame, add cooked gram and salt to taste. Mix everything nicely and cover the pan with lid and cook it for few minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander and coconut. Serve it hot as side dish or salad.