2 cups cooked Basmati rice
1 cup mixed veggies (cut into small pieces). I used peas, carrot, mixed bell peppers (green, red, orange).
1 medium sized onion cut into small pieces
1 medium sized tomatoes cut into small pieces
2-3 small green chilies cut in half
2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
2 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
2-3 tbs Oil
Salt to taste
Coriander for Garnish
How I prepare
1. Heat up oil in a big pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, green chilies and saute it for few seconds.
2. Add onion and cook it until translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, mixed veggies and cook it for 1-2 minutes
4. Add pav bhaji masala, garam masala, red chilli powder and salt and mix everything well. Add few drops of water if required.
5. Close the pan lid and cook the veggies for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
6. Once the veggies are cooked, add rice and mix everything nicely.
7. Close the lid again and cook it for 3-4 minutes more.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with Raita or just squeeze few drops of lemon.
1. You can use left over rice for the above recipe.
2. Sprinkle few drops of water after mixing the rice, to help keep the rice moist.
3. Make sure the cooked rice is not too soft or mushy.
4. If you are freshly cooking the rice, allow the rice to cool completely. Before mixing it.