This is the most famous curry in our marwadi household and this delicacy is so relished that this curry is even made when we have important events or guest at home. Bharwa or Bharma bhindi means stuffed bhindi made out of basic ingredient like garlic, red chilli powder etc. It is simple and yet yummy yummy.
Ladies finger (bhindi) approximately 18-20
7-8 cloves of garlic pod
3-4 green chili (optional)
1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
3 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
3 tbsp chilli powder to taste
1 tbsp dried mango powder (amchur) - optional
1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
1/2 tbsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1/4 tbsp hing (asafeotida)
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
How I Prepare
1. Wash the bhindi and pat dry them nicely. Make sure no water is seen.
2. Cut both the ends of bhindi, then make a slit in between lengthwise. Make sure not to split the bhindi.
3. Make garlic and green chili paste. To this add turmeric, dhania, red chilli powder, amchur and salt, combine everything into a mix by adding little water. The paste should be thick and not watery.
4. Fill each slit bhindi with the above masala and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add hing, mustard seeds, jeera saute for 30 seconds. Add the stuffed bhindi and left over masala if any.
6. Cover and cook on a slow flame, stirring and turning the bhindi in between.
7. Serve hot with rotis.
1. If you want more masala, additionally you can add onion while make garlic and green chili paste. Grind everything in smooth paste.
2. This dish don't need any water while cooking. But if feel the curry is burning and needs some then add just 1 or 2 spoons water.